Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tutu Terror

Today we had a fun play date with my friend Nichole & her 2 daughters, and I asked her if she could bring a craft over - I was feeling uninspired as to something fun to do and I've noticed that Nichole has been busy being  fun & crafty over on her blog!

She came through with a fun project.  No sew fluffy tulle tutus for the girls.  And, in what is a bit of a miracle, we managed to each complete one (well - except for one tiny finishing stitch) while the children played quite nicely with each other.  5 kids, no major outbursts.  Productivity.  It was amazing.

Viva went down for her nap right before the product was finished, so after nap time I dragged it over to my Mom's place with us so she could be there for the grand "dressing".

Viva was not cooperative.  She appears to be scared of her tutu.  Perhaps the very fluffy nature of it throws her off?  I don't know!  She stands very still and screams, with tears and everything.  I'm very disapointed, she was going to be a great Halloween ballerina!  I'll have to try it on her again in a month and hope she's matured.  :-)  Luckily it has an elastic waste so she has plenty of time to change her thinking on this subject!  Maybe she needs to play with more little girls and not so many trucks and balls?  Hmmm....


My Mother laughed at Viva's attitude saying "like Mother like daughter", and pulled out a picture of me expressing my thoughts on my Halloween costume at age 18 months.  Apparently the paper bag was the base layer for the costume, but I didn't allow them the chance to further develop the outfit.  Ornery little kid!


I can still save the tutu as a Halloween costume, though.  I'm thinking that Jake for Halloween will be Viva dressed as a ballerina.  If I'm lucky I can convince Viva to wear Jake's costume; she can be Jake for Halloween as "mystery to be revealed".  What do you think?  I think he can pull it off:


The other option?  Viva can wear a plain onsie with the words "Here is Viva.  She should be a ballerina, but she was scared".

Tough call, I'll have to think on it.  :-)

1 comment:

Llama Wanderings said...

i like the onsie idea! That was hilarious!