Friday, October 10, 2008

The Tyrant

This afternoon I was trying to get Bentley to eat some food. I offered him noodles and rice from the fridge, but he wasn't interested. He went over to the cupboard and pulled out a box of noodles. I again tried to talk him into eating the already cooked large shell noodles, but he said no.

I told him to ask his mom if it was okay to make the boxed noodles. She informed us that there were already noodles like that in the fridge. I located them and offered them to Bentley. No! He wanted his box of noodles.

Okay, I've played this game before. I told him to put the box on the counter and I'd prepare them. Once he left the kitchen I did the old switcheroo. I hid the box and put the already cooked noodles in a bowl and heated them up in the microwave.

Bentley told me I had put them in the wrong bowl. He wanted the blue bowl. FINE! I put them in the blue bowl. He complained that the blue bowl was wet. (My hands were wet and so I had left some water on the outside of the bowl. He detests that.) I dried the bowl off.

I put a spoon in the bowl and placed it in front of him. He wanted a fork. FINE! I tossed a fork his way. I put his bib on. He was very upset because the bib was wet. I dried the wet spots off. He didn't agree that it was dry. His mother came to my rescue and told him that his shirt had dried his bib. He believed her. (So annoying. I had actually dried it and she got the credit.)

Finally he ate the noodles. I'm starting to think maybe I let that kid boss me around too much. It's just that he's so darn cute and I'm still amazed that he talks so well. I just can't resist him or his commands.

1 comment:

Opa said...

Someday Bentley is going to read this and have a whole different perception of his grandmother....