Thursday, December 20, 2007

Me, Monkeys, & Tarzan

An update, from the life and times of Bentley the Great!

- A new word has emerged this past week: me! It's all about me, me, me. I love it. He points to himself, and says "me!". As in - help ME! Feed ME! Pick ME up! Give ME my bottle! We're still working on please, the p sound isn't quite with him yet.

- Monkeys say "no more". Apparently we've read "Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" a number of times. Whenever Bentley sees a picture of a monkey he says "no more!". :-) Roosters say doo (his interpretation of cockadoodledoo), cows say mooo, dogs say woof, but monkeys say no more.

- Fun playdates! Bentley has been developing a new friendship with Haley who is about 6 months older than him. We were over at Haley's house and she demonstrated her Tarzan roar (she's been watching the movie Tarzan, and likes the part where Tarzan learns to roar). She has an impressive roar with a huge open mouth, good volume, and good growl. She showed Bentley, who stared at her and burst into tears. It wasn't funny for him (but he did get over it!) but it was funny to the rest of us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This needs a music clip from Toby Keith :)