Friday, December 28, 2007

Party Update

Bentley was fully recharged and ready to start the day loooong before we were. Sometime around 5AM he loudly announced he was awake and NOT happy to have been transferred to the play yard. (He started his night in our bed.) I got up and brought him back to bed with us. He asked for a bottle, but I told him no because I know his mother doesn't want him to get into the habit of night time bottles. (Wise mommy! He is almost two years old.)

I drifted off back to sleep until around 6AM when my grandma radar notified my tired brain that something was off-kilter. Why was that happy little voice coming from so far away? He'd left our warm bed and gone upstairs to play with the train set in the dark living room. I went up and bribed him with a bottle (I know! I know!) and brought him back to bed. This time I made sure the bedroom doors were tightly shut.

Once again I returned to the Land of Nod, only to be awakened at 7AM by a gentle tug from my grandson who was standing next to the bed (not in it!) trying to let me know that he needed his diaper changed. Okay, no one wants to wear a nasty diaper, so I changed his diaper and once more deposited him in the bed. We had a short discussion on whether he'd rather be in my bed or his bed. No, there are no other choices. He found one.

He clambered over the lump that was his grandfather in bed and located grandpa's hand so he could try and pull him off to play. Grandpa said no. Bentley finally went back to sleep and he slept in until quite late which meant I had a chance to catch up on my sleep, too. :-)

Bentley played with his train set (again!) this afternoon. I've learned that you don't need to buy your grandchildren expensive wooden track for their trains. They are just as happy carrying the trains around the house, dangling the trains in a vertical string, or using an ironing board as an incline surface.


1 comment:

Mommy said...

Dallon loves his trains too. We have a lot of Thomas the Train movies and he even got a track for Christmas.

Nicole