Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bentley in 7 words

Passionate
It sounds better than stubborn, I think! Whatever Bentley wants (or doesn't want), he puts a lot of passion into conveying his opinion.


Energetic
Despite his lack of caloric intake, this child is overflowing with energy. He rarely quits moving and I'm in awe at how full of life he always is. He's energetic and exuberant!


Social
Bentley spends a lot of time demanding that the twins play with him, and enquiring after his friends and family. He loves to spend time with people, and is definitely more of an extrovert than an introvert at this point.


Imaginative
The Fisher Price little people and animals have been having a rough time of it. He has been sending his pet polar bear to a watery grave, and then sending in the rescue squad. There's a lot of imaginative play going on lately and the plot lines are getting crazier every day - it's my favorite show! Perhaps it's just because I don't know a lot of 2 yr olds, but I think this kid has some pretty crazy ideas!


Silly
He loves to laugh. He has a sense of humor and likes to engage in a good joke with the twins, with me, with Dad, with his grandparents - anything to provide humor. I appreciate that.


Rebellious
I'll attribute this one to his age. We have been enjoying plenty of "time outs" lately in an effort to convince Bentley that it's not okay to hit people, throw toys, push his siblings...


Charming
Bentley has perfected his kisses lately. Instead of his old stand by, the air kiss, I now get lots and lots of kisses on the cheeks. Last Saturday Bentley noticed I was wearing a new shirt and complimented me (Matt better watch out, this kid has better observation skills than he does!!). Whenever the twins are crying (regardless of if he's the one who caused it) he offers them toys and hugs, and wants them to be happy and "not cry". He's a charmer!


I could go on and on. He's fun, he's engaging and he's curious. He has a love of reading and learning and exploring, we enjoy building and artwork and gardening. He's a joy to have around (except for when he's busy testing limits - Viva & Jake bear the grunt of the testing, and don't much care for it!).


No comments: