Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not Only Is He a Thinker...

he's also a biter. I felt I couldn't quite add this to the "happy 2 1/2 post", but it still deserved a mention. It's important to record some of the good AND the bad, right?

So I'll confess. My child has turned into a biter. Or, I should say - my child WAS a biter. I'm sure it's in the past now. I really hope it was a one time try out for the part and he's decided he didn't like the taste of it. The gentle spanking (gentle enough, at least), firm lecture, and time out had some impact, right? They better have!

We had a play date today with our friends Haley and Hannah (and their mother, Morgan!) - we had just gotten started and Bentley and Haley were playing on the couch. Morgan looked over, saw them hugging/perhaps kissing she thought... but no, a moment later the cry. My child bit his friend on the lip. THE LIP - no, he couldn't settle for being a normal biter and going for an arm or a hand. He wanted to be different. How on earth/why on earth? I do not know.

Haley, we are so so sorry!

Luckily for us the play date didn't end at that point and Bentley had a chance to try again at playing nicely with his friend. We think we'll see Haley & Hannah again so it ended well. :-)

But I still can't believe my child bit someone. Ouch.

I'm off to whisper in his ear while he sleeps "we don't bite.. we don't bite... we don't bite - we're not one of THOSE kids"!

No comments: