Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just a year early...

I'm way ahead of the ball game for Christmas! In fact - I'm planning ahead for Christmas 2009 - that's impressive, right?

I decided to try my hand at dress making, figuring that everyone needs a hobby. I'm not yet sure if I'll stick with this new hobby but my first attempt went fairly smoothly so I'll be giving it another shot. I decided that what Genevieve lacks is dresses (see Viva: Fashionista!), so obviously what she needed is another one. Only problem? The pattern I started with had 2T as the smallest size - the other pattern I was looking at had a 12 month size, but the 2T one was labeled "simple" so it won by a long shot.

The dress is finished, but the official debut won't be until Christmas 2009. I'm looking forward to it! I think she is too. I had it hanging in the kitchen for a day and she'd point at it and say "oooooahhh!". I'll take that as approval.

Here she is with the too big dress:


And here she is in black and white, giving us a thumbs up!

No comments: