Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Viva & Jake Speak

Our kids have the traditional favorites down - Mama, Daddy, Hi, Bye... and just lately they've started to pick up some fun new words.

Here's what we have so far:

Viva:
What's that!? (pronounced wat dat, with pointing involved normally)
Hi there!
Uh oh (normally when she is in trouble, but sometimes thrown out randomnly)
No (first uttered today - yikes - she's a little early for the terrible 2s!)

Jake:
Doggy
Jet
Plane

For the record I should state the Jackson's vocabulary is probably much more impressive than just the short list above. He speaks sentences and loves to carry on a conversation, and I can tell it's not just baby babble. The only problem? He talks kind of fast, and I'm not quite certain he has full command of the English language yet - so whatever it is he's telling me gets a little lost in translation. More my fault than his, I'm sure!

As for baby signing... once in a while I can coax a sign or two out of Viva, but Jake just stares at me with a "no way Mom" look when I try to get a sign out of him. Oh well...

As for Bentley, he has so many words now that I couldn't keep track of them even if I tried - no kidding. Last week he wandered around saying elusive all afternoon after hearing his Grandma Vicki use the word - I don't think he understood what it meant but he liked the sound of it. :-) Last night I was working on redeem, proclaim, and perfect with him (the 3 fold mission of our church, in case you're wondering) - and he can say them all beautifully now. What fun!

1 comment:

Erin S. said...

Hi Kara--Erin here, from Erin's Kitchen. You posted a question about my zucchini ribbons--I used a vegetable peeler to slice them very thin.

I love the pics below of Potters Marsh--great spot!