Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Princess Gets Her Crown


Years back my Mom made a fun beaded crown modeled after a crown she saw at a craft fair, and this past week I remembered its existence and asked her to drag out all the craft supplies - since Viva has a princess dress I thought maybe she might be ready for a crown to go with it. I'm lucky enough to have a Mom who has tons and tons of craft supplies hidden away - thanks Mom!

I invited a friend over and we got to work on our beautiful creations. I'm not entirely certain that the children were an asset during the creation phase (they wanted to eat the beads and throw them around), but they are certainly good models.

Who wears it best? You decide! Viva posed like a good beauty queen while the crown was being placed:


But for whatever reason she refused to wear her lovely crown (thanks a lot, kid!!!) - she preferred it in her hands and not on her head. Taking it off...

And saying "Thank goodness, I got that THING off!!!":

Bentley seemed quite taken with the sparkly masterpiece (yes, I may be a bit proud of my creation), but he seems to have some insider fashion advice that I don't on how crowns are to be worn - upside down is the way to be apparently.


Jackson decided to use B's style advice:

And lastly, we even convinced the Dad to get in on the who wears it best competition!

(Jake is attempting some type of Jedi or Vulcan mind control thing with Matt there - I'll have to tell him it's the forehead you put your hand over, not the nose. Silly kid.)

1 comment:

Llama Wanderings said...

I think I'll have to go with Jake; he's got the best pose down for his picture with the crown on!