Sunday, December 21, 2008

Finally, Winter Solstice has Arrived

Today is the "shortest" day of the year, and we couldn't be more thrilled up here in Alaska.

Every day right before nap time (which, I should admit, is not as daily as it ought to be for Mr. B) Bentley has a melt down. "No, no! I don't want to take a nap. I don't want the sun to go away!".

He seems to think that the sun goes down BECAUSE he takes a nap, so if his mean Mommy would just let him stay up we could enjoy more sunshine around here. I wish! That would be an easy solution to the lack of daylight hours around here.

Although I really don't complain. We're lucky to normally have enough snow that even in the dark you get lights reflected off of all that lovely white cold powder. I think it's gorgeous. But Bentley? He is VERY opposed to the sun being on vacation.

So, I think I will bake him a treat today to celebrate the gradual return of daylight hours. I'm 100% sure he will think this is worth rejoicing about!