Sunday, November 07, 2010

Awesome Artwork

Our young artists have been hard at work lately producing yet more masterpieces. A couple of these are so good that multiple claimants have put dibs on the artwork. Back to the art room kidlets!

The first two are Bentley's work. He named the first one "Red Dog with Hat Swimming in the Ocean". The second one is simply titled "Ocean". Jake's is the third artwork and Viva's is the fourth. The twins have swapped styles. Viva has gone minimalist and Jake is putting a lot of time and effort into his art lately. It's good that they don't let themselves get pigeonholed into a particular style. The fifth artwork is Viva's paper towel for cleaning her brush.






Last, but certainly not least, is a paper sculpture that Bentley created a couple of months ago. We took photos at the time, but no one put it on the blog. It is certainly blog worthy. I was the assistant on the piece because Bentley had a hard time wielding the stapler. It was rather awkward even for me and I'm a long time crafter. B laid out the pieces of paper and then closely supervised me. On day one the paper sculpture was smaller and he told me it was a Frog. Then the next day he put me back to work using up the rest of the blue and yellow half sheets (from the scrap box--notice the holes?). He then renamed his critter Crocodile. I pinned it up on in the hallway. I told his mom that if my quilts can go on the hallway walls, B's Crocodile can also go there.


No comments: