Thursday, November 04, 2010

Meet Rameses





This past weekend I was pondering Christmas and kittens, and decided to start my google hunt for a traditional style Siamese. I've checked sites on and off over the years and never found much, so imagine my surprise when I found an online classified ad for Alaska with adorable Siamese kittens.

The catch? The ad was dated Oct 1, and I figured the kittens were all gone. Nonetheless I emailed, hoping to find out info about when a new litter of kittens might be available. Instead i was given the information that one kitten was left - the runt!

I bounced up and down, rounded the children and Grandma up, and headed out to Wasilla ASAP.

And now Rameses is part of our family. I couldn't be more thrilled. The kids are enthralled. Matt denies he is a cat person, but cats know better. My parents and Great-Grandma are entertained. Nefertiti - verdict still out.

It's all good.

Rameses was born June 7th. We were told he was the runt, and looked small for his age, so were a bit surprised at his size! He's 6 lbs 8 oz already. A *giant* of a kitten!

He is very playful. He is sociable. He has a little tiny meow and a big purr. He listens well. He is a bit scared of the three toddlers. They hunt him down as a group and shriek over who gets to throw the ball. They shine the flashlight under the bed and tell him to come back out!   He is still getting used to the house, it's a big house for a little kitten.  He attacks pencils, toes, hair, and cords.  He's a riot and we're really enjoying getting to know him.

Next up?  Maybe the kids holding the kitten?!  Rameses might be scared of them but I think they're not ENTIRELY sure about how to approach him yet either.  We're only one day three, however, so we have time!

P.S. - why Rameses?  We like the Egyptian names, so it goes with Pharaoh (my kitty when I was young!) and Nefertiti (who's still "hanging in" there but old and not too healthy/playful anymore).

No comments: