Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Birthday Gift

Last year Kara told me that for my birthday she was going to give me a new grandchild: Lincoln. He arrived ten days before my birthday, so that was pretty good timing. Now it's a year later and I'm still enjoying my birthday gift. He was a cute newborn, but at one he has even more entertainment value. He keeps the entire household on their toes. This afternoon I went looking for him on the first floor where he is allowed to roam free and I could not find him at first. On my second (slightly frantic) search I found him behind the couch pulling moss out of a large planter. His fingers could barely reach in, but he was dedicated to his goal and so he had managed to pull out a few pieces before I drug him away. He's the finest birthday gift I have ever been given!







No comments: