Wednesday, January 30, 2013

An Update on Sick-Os

It's been a crazy week around here!  My oldest is turning 7 tomorrow and children of all ages are dealing with different bugs.  I wish a can of Lysol could obliterate all the germs and illness from the house, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be quite that easy!

Lincoln and Evan made a visit to the Dr. yesterday since their coughs have been sounding so scary and the wheezing isn't great.  Lincoln had a temperature of almost 105 during the night - yikes!  Turns out that my two youngest have the dubious distinction of first diagnosed ear infections among the siblings.  I think Jake and Bentley probably have/had mild ear infections last week, but they didn't go to the Dr. and seem to be doing better - so they don't win *bragging* rights.

I suppose I should just be happy we don't have chronic ear infections around here?!  So now the little guys are on antibiotics and hopefully will feel better soon.  To go with the ear infections (or rather, what CAUSED the ear infections) the Dr. diagnosed a couple cases of RSV too.  RSV is scary in little babies - but the Dr. tells me that our Evan isn't a little baby anymore.  News to me!  I suppose to a Dr. that sees newborns all the time he isn't little, but he's still my little baby!  My almost 15 lb 4 month little baby, that is.  :)

Fingers and toes crossed that good health across the home returns soon - and takes up permanent residence.  No germs, viruses, or colds allowed.


No comments: