Saturday, January 05, 2013

Brotherly Love: Bentley and Jake


A rare shot of the older two guys in their Sunday finery. They posed *so* nicely and I particularly love the Star Wars socked modeled by Jake...

Nonetheless they look happy and chummy and that's worth quite a bit!  They don't always get along perfectly but they do get along pretty darn well.  Bentley likes to tease and Jake is an easy mark.  I keep telling Jake that if you don't respond to teasers than they quit.  For some reason my sage advice has not penetrated yet.  And Jake's squeals of rage are music to Bentley's ears.  Alas, not to mine.

I've read some books about raising boys and they discuss the differences between boys and girls.  Little girls nurture each other and talk and play dolls to show each other they are friends.  Little boys hit and shove and rough house their friends - part of the process of helping each other become stronger or something like that.

They play nicely too, of course!  But there are plenty of moments where running and shrieking and tussling occur.  And that's okay.  I'll just keep reading the books that tell me that is normal and healthy.   :)

No comments: