Sunday, February 10, 2013

Quilting Fun


Upon returning home from my Thur-Sun quilt treat with Grandma, I was quite pleased to find I still had  five children!

Not that I was really worried about the level of care that would be provided, Matt is quite competent - and it certainly doesn't hurt, in the least, that he had Opa, Great-Grandma, and Grandma Karen to help too!  

We had a great time on our trip.  We were hanging out with 20 some other quilt minded women, in a great big lodge.  All our meals (and treats) were provided, and all we had to do was quilt quit quilt!

I finished Evan's baby quilt, finished the border on a huge quilt I started ages ago, and I got to play with my friend's serger and make some lovely skull fleece pajama pants for the boys.  My Mom worked on a quilt she's been wanting to get made for quite some time.  I'm so glad we went!  Despite the lack of rest at the retreat (we stayed up ALL night on Saturday), it was a wonderful time and I'm hoping that I might get to go back in the fall.  I'll have to start talking it up to the husband.  :)

No comments: