Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Bad November Tradition

This is the third November that great-grandma has been in the hospital. Generally she is very healthy and the past two Novembers she was there for elective surgery. She had her one knee replaced on 10/29/09 and her other knee replaced 11/4/10. Having no more knees to do, this year it was not knee surgery. Instead great-grandma's stomach slipped through her diaphragm and she started vomiting blood. I'm sure that's enough gory details; it was for me. Mark and I took her to the emergency room on Saturday afternoon. She had major surgery Sunday morning and she's doing great. She'll be home in a few days.

As I mentioned, the first two surgeries were elective (and she's glad she had them), but this new tradition of hanging out in the hospital needs to stop. There are much better ways to prepare for the holidays. I'm bringing the Christmas tree out this week. I and the kidlets are going to start making ornaments and baking holiday cookies and decorating the house, not just the tree. It's going to be a great holiday season. Great-grandma will be home and back to normal!

No comments: