Friday, November 04, 2011

Mommy's Clothes

Back when the quartet's mommy was born--28 years ago--ultrasounds were not very common, so most parents-to-be did not know what sex their child would be. And even if they knew (i.e. for some medical reason the mommy-to-be had an ultrasound), they usually kept it to themselves. Because of this, most baby gifts were gender neutral. Kara's uroma from Germany sent her two sleepers, one pink and one blue. I'm sure if I looked hard enough, I could find a photo of Jake and Viva in these sleepers. I don't have time for that. I need to get this written and posted!

Kara pulled the blue version of the sleeper out of storage last week and we put Lincoln in it. It's almost too small because he's still larger than the average baby his age. This is a mystery to his mother and me because the child is a lousy eater. How can you stay high on the growth charts when you don't eat much?! And a good portion of what he eats, he spits up. YUCK! In fact, within an hour of the photo shoot, Lincoln spit up all over mommy's sleeper and had to be put in a new one.

Before that happened, he did give us some mighty fine photos.



Isn't he the cutest ever little boy in mommy's clothes?! (I wonder if we have photos of mommy in that outfit? Do they look like siblings? Or twins? So many photos, so little time.)

No comments: