Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Tree Is Up!

I love having young children in the household. They love Christmas nearly as much as I do! They are eager to put up the tree, decorate the walls, bake cookies, and make ornaments. I find most adults are not very cooperative in these areas. They drag their feet. They try to put off holiday stuff as long as they can. Quite frankly, they hold me back. Not the children. They'd let me put the tree up in July!

Bentley was the best worker of the bunch. Of course, he is older than the twins, so it's not fair to compare them. Viva was a good worker, too. We pulled the children's dining room chairs up to the tree so they could put ornaments on more of the tree. Viva tended to put a lot of ornaments in one small area of the tree. She's not against hanging two ornaments on the same small branch. (I am!) Lincoln didn’t actually manage to hang an ornament, but he did chew on one. Jake would work for a while and then get distracted. Eventually he'd head back over and put a few more on. I moved one or two of the ones he placed on the tree (to make way for a different ornament), and he called me on it. We worked on the tree Friday, Sunday, and Monday. We still have to put the angel on top, but we need opa's help for that. He's the only one tall enough to reach that high using our household step stools. We could if we brought in the big ladder, but that's too much work.






No comments: