Saturday, November 19, 2011

Buddy Cat's New Soft Claws


Here is the cat sleeping at night with Bentley. We snuck in and used a flash to show you how they buddy up. The cat used to always sleep on B's pillow, sometimes ousting B. Then he took to sleeping at the end of the bed.

That's when he started attacking Bentley's feet while he slept. And sometimes jumping right at B himself. We gave B a spray bottle of water to counter the attacks, but it was still a problem. The cat moved on to Jake! We had to lock the cat out of the children's bedroom.

Kara purchased cat claw covers. They are soft plastic covers that are superglued over the cat's claws. The first time we tried to put them on, it was a fiasco. I got superglue all over my fingers. To prevent my fingers from being glued together I wrapped Kleenex over the superglue. I had to file the adhered tissue from my skin.

And then half of the 8 caps I glued on fell off within hours. They are supposed to stay on for 4-6 weeks. My second attempt was much better. The caps all stayed on and I didn't get any glue on my fingers.

The only problem was I left the cat's dew claws uncapped. Turns out he does use them for scratching. Two days later Viva was sporting an ugly cat scratch near her eye. Back to the glue tube.

1 comment:

Great-Aunt Jeanie said...

Ha! Ha! I loved this post about you having to get glue off your hands/fingers. Great job! Are they still on the cat. Heh! Heh! Love, your Twin