Saturday, January 19, 2013

Games & More Games

We've been playing more games the past two weeks. I took out the Dinosaur cards last week and Jake and Bentley have been playing the game a lot. I will play with them once a day, if they ask. My mind turns to mush on the second round of Dinosaur Memory. I actually prefer to play Go Dinosaur! (our version of Go Fish!) because it requires a lot less memory work.


We've also been playing Blink which is a very quick card game, hence the name. I like quick card games.



Another night I talked opa into playing Fish Stix with the trio and the game went on a long time. I don't think opa was managing the game very well! (It's important to keep the pace going by giving strategy advice if needed.).

Bentley and I played two games of Snap which is a tile game where you try to complete dragons. He won both games which made me rather grumpy. The first time he drew all three tiger tiles and the next game he completed a 20 point dragon (a very good score!) off my tiger tile. I just could not win! Jake wants to learn how to play Snap.

Jake played a game of Cars Monopoly with his cousin Tiernen. It's really nice when the five year olds can play games without any help from us adults.

Viva does not like games as much as the boys do. She will play some games with us, but Dinosaur Memory or Go Dinosaur are not on her list.

No comments: