Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Opa's Birthday


Today was opa's birthday. The children each made him a gift. Viva made hers a few weeks ago. I showed a photo of it last week in my photo dump post. I forgot it was a birthday gift. Luckily for me, opa was appropriately surprised when he opened it. I posted before that it was a tree. I had forgotten the exact details. It was a eucalyptus tree with a koala bear in it. Jake made opa a Lego creation--a mail carrier truck. Kara and I laughed at his choice of vehicles. We see a lot of mail carrier trucks at our home because we get a lot of packages from amazon.com or other mail order places. Bentley drew opa an awesome dragon with two heads (one with a horn) and a snake for a tail. I wouldn't want to encounter that dragon. Opa received a few other gifts, mainly accessories for his new computer.

 
 Bentley lights the candles. The twins are quite envious of his ability to do so. Their hands aren't strong enough yet to flick the lighter on.

Funny faces. They are still pretty good looking!

 Time to cut the cake. Lincoln is still trying to get the lighter to work. 

 The joy of Blue Velvet Cake!

No cake for Evan. :-(

No comments: