Saturday, January 26, 2013

Marble Fun

Last summer Kara picked up a wooden block marble run set at a garage sale. She brought it home and left it in the garage to be cleaned before we added it to the toy collection. Months went by. When our new carpet was laid I put new rugs in the garage and while doing that chore I saw the marble set and decided to move it inside. Viva helped me clean the blocks with Lysol wipes and then children began to build with them.



After a day of building with the new marble set, they remembered that they had another marble set and asked for it. So we put the first set away and pulled out the other set. The boys had a great time with it although I found their play a little disturbing because it involved a handful of marbles shooting off a ski jump like track. The marbles sailed through the air, landed on the floor, and rolled under the furniture. The boys used their bodies to block the marbles from going too far. It was a clever game, but I was concerned they would lose a marble or two and one of the babies would find it and swallow it. They told me they each had three marbles that they were keeping track of them. 

No comments: