Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Lego Series 10

It's fun to see a new set of minifigures two or three times a year, but it seems like I had just tracked down Series 9 and found the minifigures the children wanted when Series 10 was announced and in stores already. ARG! What used to be fun has become drudgery.

I had to go through almost one entire box of 60 figures feeling every package in that box before locating the minifigures that the children wanted. Bentley requested the Roman Commander, the Warrior Woman, and the Tomahawk Warrior. Jake wanted a Roman Commander, a Sea Captain, a Baseball Fielder, and Grandpa. Viva went with the Medusa, the Trendsetter and Bumblebee Girl. I purchase the children two each and they pay for any extras. I picked up the warriors plus the Revolutionary Soldier, the Sad Clown, and Bumblebee Girl for my collection. I did not find Mr. Gold, a limited edition minifigure, added to Series 10. Someone before me had opened and gone through all 10 boxes (600 bags!), so I didn't bother to search very hard for him.

It took me more than an hour to finger all the bags and locate my list of wanted minifigures. Some minifigures are easy to figure out like Medusa because her bottom half is oversized and ends in a snake tail. Others are hard to nail down as to their identity without fingering more than half the items in the bag. It's an interesting process. I'm trying to teach the boys how to do it, but they are too impatient. They always think they've figured it out with just a quick feel. They tell me "It's a helmet! It has to be the Roman Commander!" I point out that the Paintball Player also has a helmet. Which helmet is it? Or did you find a clown hat instead? Or a mechanic's hat? Or maybe Bumblebee Girl's hairpiece with antenna? 



And here's a shot of the boys playing with a new pair of Star Wars ships that opa gifted them. 


1 comment:

Michele said...

This made me giggle...can just see a grown woman man handling the lego packs in the store. Oh wait...that has been me too! ;) Oh, the things we do for our kids.