Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Moose...ARG!



Monday evening this young male moose was munching down on the green grass in our yard. I'm rather protective of that patch of green because it's about the only sign that it's going to be spring soon. The leaves haven't even leafed out on the trees yet. Lincoln was fascinated with the moose. I was not. I threw small logs at him. It took five throws to get the moose to leave. The first three I didn't hit the moose, but he would not budge, so I had to get more aggressive. Moose do a lot of damage to decorative shrubs. The lilac bush behind the moose has had three blooms in the four summers we've lived in this house. I hate moose. They destroyed our raspberry patch. They chewed our white Sitka roses down to nothing. The 101 shrubs (cotoneasters) that line our driveway are puny things because every winter the moose trim them back severely. Why can't all the moose go live in Canada?!

No comments: