Monday, May 06, 2013

Non-Discrimination Against Little People

The other day I mentioned that the older kids were staying up late and reading in Mommy's bed.  I wanted to assure readers (and the future older Lincoln who will, no doubt, be reading this) that he was not discriminated against simply because he is young.

He too stays up late on occasion.  Here he is hanging out in Grandma and Opa's bed, close to midnight (yikes!), eagerly awaiting the arrival home of his favorite person - Daddy!


Lincoln has been sleeping in my bed quite often lately.  I move him to his bed once he's asleep, but he likes to fall asleep in my bed.  Parenting is tricky and treacherous... small child appears ill, looks pitiful, and you break with routine.  Small child convinces you to break with routine *just once more*... and then they beguile you a third time, and suddenly you have a new habit.  Which will take three days of hard work and determination against their wiles to break!  I have not yet found that energy/will power to retrain the young imp, so he currently settles down for the night in my room.  That's what happens when Daddy travels more than normal and Mommy is in charge... !

And, although this is a little hard to work with some nights, I have to admit that it's not THAT big of a deal.  You're only little once and it's nice to have him want to cozy on up and snuggle before going to sleep.  :)

No comments: