Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Thanks Grandma Karen!

Grandma Karen took the older three to see the Nutcracker Ballet this past Saturday. It is an Anchorage tradition to have the Nutcracker Ballet on stage Thanksgiving weekend. It is Grandma Karen's tradition to take the children. In 2010 she took Viva (then age 3 1/2), in 2011 she took Jake and Bentley, in 2012 she took Viva, and now in 2014 she took all three. They love going with her.

Just like last year they went for Thanksgiving dinner with the family to Grandpa Tim's and Grandma Karen's home. They did not come home with their parents and younger brothers. They stayed overnight for TWO nights. They've done this a couple of times now and they think it's wonderful. One night just isn't enough they tell us to do all that they want to do!

When the older children are gone, the pace at home is a little slower and that's a nice break for Kara and I. However, I like putting my Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving and if the children aren't here, I can't do that. Last year I waited a couple of extra days, but this year I put it up before they left for their holiday weekend!

No comments: