Saturday, December 21, 2013

Viva: Tape Wizardess

We've shown you a number of Viva's tape and paper creations. She's worked hard at mastering her craft, but even so I was quite surprised at the product she made last Thursday.

She and I went to check out a different Girl Scout troop that she might switch to. The meeting was rather long and boring, but at one point one of the other mother's commented that her older daughter made a wallet out of duct tape. I've seen such items before, but Viva never has. Nonetheless this single comment fascinated Viva and as soon as we got home she pulled out the Scotch tape dispenser and went to work.

Scotch tape is not the perfect medium for making wallets and after watching her throw away a large tangled wad of Scotch tape, I told her that she needed to use duct tape. I asked her if she wanted me to find directions online for how to make a duct tape wallet. She said she wasn't interested in looking at someone else's directions. She didn't need them. Okay...


Next time I looked up she had retrieved the duct tape and was busy at work. In less than an hour she was showing off her new duct tape wallet which was very impressive for a first design. Our Viva is amazing! 


No comments: