Sunday, December 20, 2015

Breadstick Mania


Bentley has been on a baking spree lately.  My little problem solver realized that his birthday will be on a Sunday next month, and determined this presents a problem as he hopes to eat breadsticks on his birthday.  His favorite breadsticks are from the Great Alaska Pizza Company but as we don't shop on the Sabbath he has been pondering what to do about this dilemma.  I suggested to him that maybe he should get to work on perfecting his own breadstick recipe!

I have tried many recipes on him in the past, but none are favorites of my picky guy.   He likes a very flat breadstick, but still a yeast dough.  I had a *grand* revelation when I realized his favorite breadsticks are probably made from pizza dough. We were in business!  It took him (us!) three or four tries but he now has a recipe he loves to make.  Which is both good and bad.  Good because I like to see him baking (& eating), but bad because he's still not exactly 100% self sufficient in the kitchen and my assistance is called for often.

Good think he also has little helpers to share the workload.  :)

No comments: