Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's Not All Roses..

when you are a snail-paced mobile infant and your fast moving older brother is in the mood to terrorize someone.

Genevieve was, somewhat unwillingly, Bentley's object of experimentation for the day. First it was the motorized car with which he tried to run over her hands and feet. I got there in time but it was a close call! I took away the car - he screamed, and screamed, and screamed.

Later, after I'd let my guard down, he attacked with a dump truck. She was playing happily on the floor and he drove straight into her head (at a run, I should add). I took away the dump truck and the Genevieve. He screamed; she screamed. We tried to point out to him that she was the injured party and he made a half hearted attempt to kiss her.

I imagine it only gets more interesting from here on as the twins become proficient crawlers? I can wait. I am an only child - I had a peaceful upbringing with no siblings to interfere - so I don't have any personal experience with violence among siblings!

There are, of course, no pictures of the brutality in progress. Even if I'd had the camera out I would have had an obligation to prevent, not record! Here is a picture of the brother and sister in a happier moment:

No comments: