Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Long Awaited Day Arrives

This post is not precisely about the kids. But I was clever and took lots of pictures of them so you will all think it's all about them still. :-)

I have been counting down the months, weeks, days... (you get the idea) waiting for the arrival of my very favorite store, Target, in Alaska. I'm dedicated to the cause. Before they announced they were coming to Anchorage I sent letters to their corporate offices requesting their presence here. Why such dedication? I'm not precisely sure, but for whatever reason I love the place.  It makes me happy!  All of my friends have heard me in the past month reminding them that soon, so soon, our Target would be opening.

I've been waiting for Oct. 12th and the grand opening with great anticipation, and then yesterday my husband tipped me off that the "soft launch" would be today although the grand opening isn't until this weekend.  Awesome!  I love that man!

So, of course, we headed off (like hundreds and hundreds of other bored Anchoragites, we learned when we got there) with lucky Grandma to check out our new Target.

Affirming my belief that Target is awesome we walked in the door and this lovely cart with seating for 3 was just sitting there, waiting for us!


Midway through our aisle wandering, the kids relaxing (a miracle!) in the cart:


The troops grew restless so they were briefly allowed out of the cart to terrorize the Halloween section of the store:


Bentley saying "Mom, you are so so weird. Quit taking my picture in the department store. People are staring. Are you sure Target is really THAT cool?"!


Jackson expressing "I've had WAY more fun than I can handle. I do not like Target and I do not like to shop. TAKE ME HOME and do it now":


And what does Kara say?  Shopping with 3 children, oddly enough, is just not quite as enjoyable as wandering aisles alone - but Target was still fun, and we'll be back - that's a promise!

2 comments:

Llama Wanderings said...

I am so excited for you that you now get to join in the Target shopping fun!

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Oh! I am so jealous! Did you see the post I wrote yesterday? I am in shear disbelief that I was not there!

Was it super-duper crowded? How was the drive there? Brook took me on a test-drive, so I knew how to get there (I can count on one hand the number of times I've been out that way)...I thought the road and the turn signals to get into the mall were poorly designed, but maybe we did not get the full effect because there was some construction taking place.

Those carts are awesome! Now we can go one more cool outtings than just Carrs and Costco were the boys will be nice and contained in the cart!