Monday, October 06, 2008

More construction vehicle fun

Today we were driving through the neighborhood admiring the construction vehicles and Bentley pointed at one asking, "What's that one, Mommy?".

I, being the gullible type I guess, thought he was actually asking me. It turns out he was actually just looking for entertainment. I wasn't entirely certain what it was so I said "Some type of tractor!".

I was told "No, Mommy. That's a front end loader. There's a bucket on the front of if that scoops up dirt.". And then, louder, "A FRONT END LOADER, NOT A TRACTOR MOMMY"!

Sheesh. I appreciate his detailed answer, of course. Maybe one of these days I'll get it all straight. Although, honestly, wasn't I right as well? Isn't a front end loader just a type of tractor? I googled it and google agrees with me. I think I deserve partial credit from the kid. But I doubt I'll get it!

2 comments:

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Finn and Reid are really into trucks, etc. lately and they have this book that has a ton of different types of "tractors". I call them all tractors because I think it is ridiculous that they know 'excavactor' and 'front end loader'. I am sure I will be reliving your situation in a years time!

When do you guys head to Mexico?

Llama Wanderings said...

I give you kudos, for whatever that means to you and especially to the two year old dictator of the house! :)