Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tasty Turnips

Oddly enough, I now have 3 blogs posts in a row that have double Ts for titles.  It wasn't planned. Weird, yes?!

Yesterday being Tuesday, Bentley was off to visit with Grandma Karen & Grandpa Tim.  Normally we see Grandma Karen at pick up time, but today it was Grandpa.  Bentley was eager to head out, and had me get his shoes and coat on before Grandpa even showed up.  He was waiting on the bench watching the door, and leapt on over when I opened it, threw his arms up to Grandpa, and was very eager to head on out!

** Ever since the twins arrived Bentley has really started to value his Tuesday away time with great enthusiasm - do you think he has misgivings about too much time with twins?

Grandpa said: "Should we head up to the house and cook some potatotes up for dinner?"
Bentley says: "No, Grandpa!  I want turnips!"

Seriously.  Turnips.  Apparently he really enjoyed digging them up in Grandpa's garden with him this summer, and he even eats them raw.  I learned something new about the crazy kid today.

In other food news:

  • Jake has some odd taste buds.  He, alone of the three kids, thinks Spagetti-Os are great (I tried them and was horrified at the flavor - I guess I wasn't missing out on anything as a child.  Many thanks, Mom!)
  • Bentley thinks ice cream should be served warm.  Whenever he gets a bite he asks for it to be heated up.  "Too cold, too cold!"
  • Jake can cram an entire waffle into his mouth in about 30 seconds.
  • Viva has decided all fresh fruits are suspect.  Something about the texture, I guess.  The only fruit she'll currently eat is applesauce.
  • My twins save their appetites for Sunday night.  Every Sunday all the kids and Matt head up the hill to hang out with G&G Altman, and Matt comes home with stories about the great variety of foods consumed.  I think the twins are trying to make it seem like I don't feed them during the week!  Matt says they just appreciate the multi dish meals.  I'll work up to it someday, I'm sure...
That's it for now!  Great stuff, I know.  Stay tuned for another exciting food related post coming up shortly.

1 comment:

Llama Wanderings said...

Turnips!? Weird...very weird child! :D