Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bunny Cupcakes


We made Bunny cup cakes this past week!  They were featured on the front of one of my too many  magazines I have laying around, and Bentley spotted them a few weeks back.  Apparently he liked the look of them, because he requested that we make them.

I am always up for a new baking project so, of course, agreed quickly.  We headed to the store to pick up the candy we didn't already have, and then tried out the project the next day.

The kids weren't too great at frosting spreading, BUT they were good at coconut dipping and sugar sprinkle and eye/nose/ear placement... and, of course, quality control tasting of the supplies.

Jake ate a cupcake when we were done.  Bentley, of course, wanted a plain one that was not decorated with frosting and all that "stuff" on it.  Viva?  She ate the top of the bunny but couldn't quite grasp there was cake underneath.  I suppose it's just as well.


Bentley tells me we should make more bunny cupcakes for Halloween.  I told him maybe we could find a new style for that holiday... !

No comments: