Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sicklets

Instead of kidlets we have a bunch (3, to be exact) of sicklets at home right now.  Bentley kicked things off with a fever and a cough.  Jake jumped in with some croup.  Now Viva, normally the "tough" one, has joined the party with a fever.  She took a 3 hour nap today (very odd for Viva), and then laid around looking quite pathetic until bed time.

They still say funny things though.

Jake, at the Dr. today, for some steroids to help with his croup.  He was not happy to be there.  He said:

"there's a dragon, and it's going to breathe hot flames on the Dr.!"

I love that he has a good imagination.

Yesterday Viva scratched his cheek.  He came crying to let us know his face hurt.  I asked him if he'd tried to take the newspaper from her (they compete for the *honor* of carrying it into the house).  He said:

"No!  I didn't!  I was trying to push her out of the chair."

Ahhh... in that case... ?!  And he somehow seemed very confused as to why she'd attacked back.  Sheesh.

Bentley lately has been referring to himself in the 3rd person.  He'll say:

"Bentley wants to play a game.  Bentley wants a drink... Bentley likes this!"

I think it's adorable.  I laugh every time.  I didn't laugh when I was buckling him into his carseat and he told me:

"Don't you even start with me!"

A little too much sass sometimes.

and Viva?  We were driving a few days ago and she told me that when she gets bigger than me that she's going to drive cars.   Why BIGGER than me?  I have no idea.  I was sharing this with my Mother and she told me that when I was 2 I informed her that we should take turns driving the car.  Sounds like Viva is a bit more patient than I was?!

No comments: