Thursday, March 18, 2010

Saint Patrick's Day

Despite lackluster health and energy levels, we did our best to celebrate Irish Day!  I convinced Viva to wear green.  The boys weren't affable to the idea.  Ah well.  They did sign on for the green shamrock pancakes.  I tried making one and it looked like a sad blimp.  So we put Grandma in charge and she turned out quite passable shamrocks.  The kids were impressed.  I think.  Although I don't think we've really explained shamrocks to them very well?


Why is this girl sitting on the counter to eat breakfast?!  I'm not sure... the home rules are kinda lax some times.  Their mother should do something about that!


Whhy is this one eating while standing?  Doesn't he know we eat while sitting at a table?!!  Anything for a picture...


Ahhh.  Good.  The 4 year old is, at least, where he should be!

We did make some shamrocks with our Crayola clay, and then paint them and pour glitter on them.  So the holiday has my permission to be over.  We commemorated it!

For dinner we had the missionaries over, and our green menu items included broccoli soup and brownies with mint chips.  The kids weren't too sure about the green soup (and it WAS delicious!) but, of course, the brownies were a hit.  They seem to prefer their veggies raw and crunchy.  I suppose I shouldn't mess with that!

Tomorrow we're having a belated St. Patrick's day lunch with friends.  Pistachio cookies, green spinach smoothies, and pesto are on the menu.  Green food is good!

Next year?  They'll be old enough to cook for me!  Right?

No comments: