Sunday, March 07, 2010

New "Commentary" from the Trio

The children continue to delight (or confound?!) me with the thoughts that come from their precious little minds.

We're busy planning our trips for the year, and Viva is ready to head off to Mexico.  We're not going until the fall.  She'd had a conversation with Grandma Karen about the plans, and apparently they "stuck" in her head.  Before nap time the other day she told me:

"When I get up I want to go to Mexico, where there is sun, and wear my new sundress!".  Hmm... so we asked her if she knew where Mexico was and how long it would take to get there.  She said: "I'm going to hop on a plane!".  Guess she's got it all covered?

Jake is our resident drama king.  He was patted on the head a couple times by a visiting 1 year old, and kept shrieking like he was being mortally injured.  I guess we didn't pay enough attention to his "injuries", so he pulled out the big guns:

"I'm scratched!  I'm bloody all over!"

I was impressed with his flair for drama, but I told him next time it would help if he actually had at least a tiny little mark on him before starting down the drama road... :-)

And not quite a thought, but still an entertaining action.

Earlier this week Bentley was told to wear a particular pair of socks.  Due to the "favorite" status of half the socks, half of them are close to having holes and the other half are still new.  So he was told to wear one of the new pairs.  He came downstairs with 2 pairs of socks on (the pair he was told to wear underneath and the pair he wanted on top), and informed us he was "wearing 4 socks today"!

How could we argue?

No comments: