Friday, March 29, 2013

Japanese Drumming

Last week we had the chance to go check out some Japanese drummers who were in town for the weekend - San Jose Taiko Drummers to be precise!


It was fun and just the right length of time!  It was a special 1 hour presentation just for kids.

Of course the performance got the kids all excited about drums.  Luckily, upon arriving home, Grandma had a new drum that was just waiting for some child love.


Notice Evan there in the background enjoying the drummers.  What a good groupie!

Here's a close up of our favorite Lincoln with the drum:


It's a lovely drum.  We haven't really researched drums yet (go figure... !), but I do know Alaskan drums can have problems because it is so dry.  The wood and surfaces crack often.  Grandma had found this one, a Remo, on Amazon.  Great price as well as a nice sound.  If you like the sound of a loud drum, that is.  :)  I have to admit it doesn't take too much drum time before Mommy declares the drum has to head downstairs!

The only problem?  5 children and 1 drum, obviously that's not ideal!   (Unless it's this one, which I am thinking is NOT going to happen.) They quite like it but I have not yet determined if I have the mental fortitude for a few more.  I could have my own traveling drumming group.... right?

No comments: