Monday, March 25, 2013

More Skating Photos

After Viva came back from Vegas we went skating again bringing opa with his camera to the rink with us.






The boys have had five skating lessons and Viva four (because of her Vegas trip). They are all skating much better. Jake is the most timid; he still prefers to skate close to the rink wall, but he's starting to break away more. Bentley loves to go skating. We go three times a week for an hour or so each time. Viva continues to complain about skating, but when I told her she could stay home and the boys could go to skating lessons without her, she opted to keep coming.

With Coach Ann's help (she met us at the skate store), I purchased two more pairs of skates. When I got the two new pairs home and compared them to the two pairs we already owned (that were too small for the boys), all four pairs looked to me to be the same size. ARG! I know they aren't because of how they fit, but they sure look the same size. Viva is now wearing Bentley's old red skates (with thick socks) and she loves them. The boys will have outgrown these new skates by the fall.

I would have purchased slightly too large skates and given them thick socks to wear, but there were no skates that size at the skate store in my price range. I'll be back to looking for skates in the fall. I'd like to be able to take the children to outdoor rinks to skate next winter, but we can't do that if they don't own skates. I had no idea that finding decent figure skates at an acceptable price would be so frustrating and time consuming.

No comments: