Saturday, January 18, 2014

Baby's Blankie

All of my kids have had a favorite blankie.  Bentley had a crochet blanket with a fringe, yellow and green, that Great-Grandma made him.  Jake and Viva and Lincoln all have favorite silkie blankies - soft on one side, silkie on the other.  Jake's is blue, Viva's is pink, and Lincoln has 2 green ones - he insists on carrying BOTH of them everywhere.  :)  I figured Evan would carry on the tradition of 3 of his siblings, so I found him a blue of his own.  But it turns out Evan has a mind of his own.  His favorite blankie is his giraffe head blankie.  Great-Grandma bought it for him when he was just a little guy:



(He was 1 week old in the above 2 pictures!)

Now he's a bit bigger:


  He hugs it at night and carries it around when given the choice during the day:


(If you are observant you probably notice that in the above picture baby Evan is, again, somewhere babies should not be.  On the swiveling office chair, banging on the keyboard, playing with the mouse, touching the shiny computer screen.... !)

Back to the blankie.

It's very cute.  It has a rattle in the giraffe head and sometimes we can hear him in there on the baby monitor shaking it at night.  Matt, being an observant parent, has known that it is the favorite for a while. I myself didn't figure it out until after our Mexico vacation.  When we came home Evan giggled and giggled and rolled around with this particular blankie.  He hugged it.  He shook it!  He hugged it again. And I finally clued in - and felt slightly guilty for not having taken it with us on vacation.  :)

And that is the story of the blankie. 

The end.  Almost...

P.S. - Blankie?  Blanky?  My spell checker tells me that neither are words.  So I went with blankie.

No comments: