Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Ultimate Bookworm


Grandma and I were chatting earlier this week and she commented that it's a good thing Genevieve doesn't care to keep track of her books at Goodreads like her brothers do.  If she did they would probably feel more than a bit overwhelmed at her voracious appetite for books (and the speed with which she consumes them!) .

I think she gets it from me.  I'm a fast reader, which happens after you read a lot of books.  It also helps if you're not terribly concerned with minor details in the book.  Matt is, at times, a bit disgusted with the speed at which I can go through books.  He likes to read (savor, he would say) them a bit slower!  I am wiling to admit that I do, on occasion, finish a book without the ability to recall some of the characters names.  But I do know the plot and enjoy the story - that counts for something, I think!

I'm not meaning to imply Genevieve has this particular reading problem.  She does have an uncanny ability to summarize a sentence before reading it and change it slightly into words she prefers though.. but that's a skill, right?!  :)

I digress.  The point?  My Viva loves to read. And I love her a bookworm!

No comments: