Friday, January 17, 2014

Date with Dad




I won tickets (on Facebook!) to the Anchorage Symphony's Silent Film feature this year.  I am trying to turn myself into a symphony lover but it's not going too well yet.  Luckily for me, however, I have many small children.  And they seem to like that sort of thing.  :)

This is actually the third year our family has attended this particular symphony event (the silent film feature).  The first year I went with Matt and last year I sent Jake and Bentley with him to see the original Zorro movie.  This year I had a brain lapse and forgot how much the boys had enjoyed it, so didn't get tickets.  Note to self: next year, remember!  Luckily for me, the universe provided tickets.  Not three, so Jake could go too, but that's ok.  A one on one date was fun for Matt and Bentley - and Jake had one earlier this winter when he saw Garrison Keillor live with Matt (another event which I was glad to have a child to send with my husband!).

Bentley agreed to go check it out with Matt and they had a grand time.  He (Bentley) even ventured outside of his comfort zone and tried a brownie with FROSTING *gasp* when they went for a treat afterwards!

Apparently it was a grand time.   That Bentley is getting too big too quickly!

No comments: