Sunday, September 21, 2014

Always Crafting!


Viva loves to make things. For her birthday (?) she received several rolls of designer duct tape and a book. She has spent many happy hours creating useful and decorative items from duct tape. When she is not crafting with duct tape, she creates beaded items (bracelets, hairpins) or tissue paper artwork (flowers). 

One day she asked me for some fabric to make herself a shirt. I volunteered to take her to the fabric store to find an easy shirt pattern, but she said she preferred to make her own pattern. She got started right away. She cut out a shirt (with no help from me or Kara) and started sewing it by hand. It was slow going (it was her second or third hand sewing project), so she asked if she could use my sewing machine. She can, but I have to supervise her, so she hasn't gotten back to that project again.

Kara and I rearranged the arts and crafts supplies in the mudroom closet so Viva can have an entire shelf for storing her supplies and works in progress. We also gave her a small table to use for crafting in the mudroom. It is her favorite place to work because the mudroom is off limits to her younger brothers. 

No comments: