Saturday, February 07, 2015

Viva Sews

For Christmas Viva received a sewing machine. It's a nice, light-weight machine made by Brother. She was, of course, very eager to get started sewing on it. I sat down with her just a few days after Christmas and we read the quick start guide and learned the basics. She was up and sewing. Her first project was a small blanket for Lincoln's dog.



Viva next worked on a snake for Jake. That project has yet been completed. Jake was asking her about it yesterday evening. She asked me today for some buttons for eyes. 

When I went to Hawaii I purchased her a charm pack (5 inch squares) of flannel to make a small quilt. She has started on that project, but it's not always easy to find a time when both she and I are free to sew together. The goal, of course, if that she will sew on her own, but for the first few projects she needs some oversight. 

No comments: