Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jump baby, jump!


For months I have been eyeing the Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo. I consider it attractive (that says a lot about the other toys out there!), for a baby toy, and it seems to me like something the babies should enjoy. I have debated purchasing one for a few reasons. Firstly, they're expensive! Secondly, Bentley wasn't really into jumping - we had a jumperoo that attached to the doorway for him at my parents' house (our trim isn't thick enough) and he wouldn't use it. So it seemed like a big purchase to make just to find out Jackson and Genevieve aren't into jumping either!

Last week I found one on Craig's list - it wasn't a great price, but it was better than paying new price! I decided to go for it, as the twins have been awake more and more often, and I figured they might enjoy a different play perspective for some of their awake time. I know they're a little young for the jumperoo but I popped Jackson in once I cleaned it up and he likes it! I won't say he loves it because I don't want to jinx the relationship, but so far it seems to be a hit - he even does some bouncing. I'm excited! Genevieve isn't quite as excited about it as Jackson, but she's been a good sport - I'm sure she'll get more into the groove with it soon. :-)

1 comment:

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

So, Brook called me on my way to work this morning to tell me that "Finn" was jumping away in the Jumperoo! He even got a video of it! Of course, once I got to work, I got another call asking who was wearing what...once I told him, he said "Oh, then it was Reid who was jumping like crazy". So there you go...9 months on Friday and they are now learning to REALLY jump. They've done it once or twice, but not really a full fledged fun jump! If you know what I mean...

It's funny because he showed me the video and he keeps saying, "Go, Finn, Go!" "Yah, Finn". Uh...wrong kid! :)

I really wished I would have bought the Rainforest one...just seems a bit more entertaining. You'll have to let me know how the adventure of the Jumperoo goes!