Saturday, October 13, 2007

My Newest Theory

My previous theory was that Bentley favors Genevieve because he is wild about the color pink. Genevieve is usually dressed in pink. Jackson is never dressed in pink. Occasionally he is wrapped in a pink blanket and once I put him in the pink car seat, but his parents have forbidden me from dressing him in anything pink so I cannot test out my pink theory. Where is their scientific curiosity?

So I've moved on to a new theory to explain Bentley's preference. My new hypothesis is that it's because Genevieve looks a lot like Bentley did as a baby and so, of course, he's drawn to her for that reason. He likes the familiar.

Here's two photos that show their alikeness:



Don't you think Bentley would have looked adorable in pink?! The rule on no pink clothing is in force for him, too. Cultural taboos can be ridiculous. I keep pointing out to my grandsons' parents (i.e. my daughter and son-in-law) that Latino and Polynesian males wear pink. Polynesian men even wear pink skirts (lava lavas) and they still look quite manly, right?

No comments: