Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Product Placement

For the last 4 weeks or so I've been researching and eyeing immersion (hand held) blenders. It all started when I was flipping through a parenting magazine and came across their "must have kitchen gadgets". I had never even heard of immersion blenders, but upon learning you can whip them out and into whatever container your food is in, push the button, and have pulverized goods - I was sold!

I spent some time looking at the different brands but kept coming back to the Kitchen Aid. I watched it on Amazon, and when it went to $39.99 with a $5 rebate (it started out at $54.99!) I decided to hit that easy to use little buy button. 3 days later, it arrived in the mail. I love Amazon!

I, of course, immediately looked for some food to blend. The twins were the lucky recipients of some blended carrots/potatoes/corn/green beans/butter. Lucky babies! They gulped it right down, it was easy and fun, and for the 1st time I found myself thinking "I wish my twins were still a couple months younger". I feel the desire to blend everything (yes, I may be crazy - I love kitchen gadgets), and wish I had found this when they first started with solids.

I'm sure we'll still get good use out of the blender for making some of our dinner menus easier for the twins to swallow, and creating them fruit/veggie purees for a few more months, but I mainly plan to use it for sauces, soups, and smoothies - I like that you don't have to clean up a big blender, just use your cup/pan/whatever you're working in already!

In any case - if you are the proud owner of a young baby just starting out on solids (or even if you're not) - I say go out and buy yourself a Kitchen Aid immersion blender. It will make home made baby food quick and easy. Throw some food in a bowl, add the blender for a few seconds, and ta da! Baby pulp. Tell Kitchen Aid I referred you, maybe they'll send a few nickels my way. :-)

1 comment:

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

I bought the Magic Bullet at Costco in January. I thought the exact same thing as you...why couldn't the boys be a bit younger?!? Imersion blenders are great! Especially for soups!