Friday, May 30, 2008

Fun for One, Not for Two

The twinlets do not like park or school playgrounds. It's quite sad. I had plans to spend hours at the playgrounds and parks this summer with my grandchildren. I'm starting to realize that two of the three grandbabies would not be pleased with my plans. They are too little to enjoy slides. They find them frightening.


Swings are fun, but there aren't many parks (and no school playgrounds) that have infant swings on them.


I realize this is not really an infant swing, but this is just about as good as it gets. I think one or two parks have actual infant swings.

The twins are just starting to walk (I'm sure Jackson will be doing so very soon!), but they aren't up to running around playgrounds yet. Jackson doesn't like the feel of grass, so cavorting on the grass is out. Genevieve would undoubtedly enjoy the chance to eat dirt, but that's not an activity we adults approve of.


The twins will, of course, spend some time at the local parks and playgrounds this summer because Bentley loves to play there and they are a good place to meet up with other moms of toddlers. However, I won't be taking them there as a special treat since sitting in a stroller for an hour isn't really a treat.


I'll take Bentley out on his own and let the twins stay home with mom where they can play with their toys.



Fortunately their back yard play set is more to their liking. There are two infant swings, a sand-water table, and a toddler sized picnic table. There is still the pesky problem of grass and dirt, but one has to expect such in the great outdoors. Jackson will learn to cope. Bentley has.

1 comment:

visit website said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.