Thursday, June 04, 2009

Thankful Thursday #4

We're have a wonderful week!

This week we are...

Happy to live in a city with a plethora of fun activities for us to do.  We have a beautiful library with gorgeous grounds - we had a picnic there with friends.  We took in a free movie (the kidlets first one) at the theater.  We spent a sunny afternoon walking at the zoo.  We played for hours at the parks.  (I know, I know... I'm starting to sound like a broken tape going on about parks and playgrounds!)  

Lucky to have relatives that visit us.   Aunt Jean came from Juneau and the children trapped her for hours (literally, I'm sure) and convinced her to read books to them.  Aunt Jean was introduced to a new favorite children's book series - Skippyjon Jones.  Skippyjon Jones books have a lovely cadence to them and they rhyme.  They feature a Siamese cat.  Does it get better?!  But I digress... yes, we really like Skippyjon Jones.  But this was about Aunt Jean.  We all had a great time having her around.

Looking forward to summer solstice!  The long summer days in Anchorage make the summer months extra magical.  We're lucky to have them.

Thankful (me, not the kids!) for child door locks.  The ability to contain my delightful terrors during nap time is making quite the difference to my sanity!

No comments: