Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Christmas Dress (in May)

A while back (read... a year and a half ago?!) I decided to make Genevieve a dress.  You can see her modeling it as a young child (humor there) here.  I'm no expert sewer, so I used a basic pattern.  Even so... lets just say I need some more practice at dress making.  Anyhow.  I finished the dress and it was too big.  So we put it away until the Princess got bigger.  It was intended as a Christmas time dress, but Christmas came and went.  That's okay though - Viva thinks it works lovely as a spring dress.  She told me it's "soooo pretty".  She knows how to flatter - she even said that BEFORE she knew I made it!

Notice the matching headband?  That was our Walmart freebie!  We found it at Walmart near a shelf and it had no price on it.  I looked all over and couldn't find the spot for it on the shelves.  So I took it to Customer Service and asked them how much it was, and they told me I could have it.  Sweet.  :-)  It's JUST the right colors.




No comments: